The Best Place for Rehab.
Stroke and Neurologic Rehabilitation
Our highly trained and experienced team of physical and occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists provides a multidisciplinary approach to outpatient neurologic rehabilitation services, emphasizing functional activities, as well as use and recovery of affected areas. In fact, many of our physical and occupational therapy staff have advanced certification in neurodevelopment techniques, which focus on functional recovery and normalized movement patterns. Understanding the special issues and lifestyle changes associated with disability, our therapists provide clinical and support services in a coordinated, caring and friendly manner. Patient and family education and participation, as well as linking patients and families to important community resources, is a vital part of our program.
Program components include:
- Functional mobility training
- Activities of daily living training
- Functional tone management training program for upper extremity recovery
- VitalStim therapy for dysphasia (swallowing disorders)
- Modified barium swallow studies
- Language and communication therapy
- Memory and cognitive retraining